SYLACAUGA, Ala. – The Sylacauga City Council will meet Tuesday night, Feb. 6, at 6:00 for its first scheduled meeting of February.
The council has 18 items on its proposed agenda for Tuesday night. Those items are as follows:
- Resolution authorizing Sgt. Mike Smith’s badges and firearm be declared surplus property and presented to him upon retirement.
- Resolution accepting contribution from Sylacauga Utilities Board and City of Sylacauga in the amount of $10,000 and authorizing expenditure to Sylacauga Arts Council for Magic of Marble Festival.
- Resolution accepting ADECA Law Enforcement/Traffic Safety Division (LETS) Byrne JAG Program Grant in the amount of $24,000.
- Ordinance authorizing easement allowing Allen Sanders to use a portion of the sidewalk behind 201 N. Broadway Avenue to install a balcony.
- Agreement with Allen Sanders regarding use of property behind 201 N. Broadway Avenue,
- Authorization to seek bids on city building projects, if ready.
- Request from Blue Bell Creameries and recommendation from Interim Director of Code Enforcement Mike Whetstone to authorize extensions of the following permits purchased in 2015 for the Blue Bell expansion:Permit 2015-18 Building Permit purchased 1-15-15 by Brasfield & Gorrie
Permit 2015-59 Electrical Permit purchased 2-9-15 by Feyen Zylstra LLC
Permit 2015-97 Building Permit purchased 3-12-15 by Brasfield & Gorrie
Permit 2015-138 Plumbing Permit purchased 5-13-15 by Brown Mechanical Contractors
Permit 2015-139 Gas Permit purchased 5-13-15 by Brown Mechanical Contractors
Permit 2015-140 Mechanical Permit purchased 5-13-15 by Brown Mechanical Contractors
- Mayor’s reappointment of Marvin Miller to the Sylacauga Housing Authority Board of Commissioners for five-year term expiring Feb. 3, 2023 (no Council action required).
- Request from Sylacauga City Schools to release $420,000 from the $18.5 million ad valorem account for the purposes of paying building insurance, technology infrastructure improvements, safety upgrades, and other projects related to an insurance audit.
- Request from Street Supt. Reed Calfee to post position of Construction Worker II (to be vacated through promotion to Equipment Operator II).
- Request from Planning Commission to authorize funding for a legal review of the Subdivision Regulations relative to the bonds/assurances requirements.
- Approval of Full-time Firefighter job description (replaces job description approved by Council Jan. 4, 2018).
- Approval of Part-time Firefighter job description (replaces job description approved by Council Jan. 4, 2018.
- Request for refund of $100 adoption fee paid by Linda Chace on Jan. 9, 2018, Receipt #60918. Owner unable to keep dog; dog returned to shelter.
- Approve expenses for Police Chief Kelley Johnson to attend the AACOP Winter Conference in Montgomery Feb. 26-March 1, 2018. Registration fee is $200. There will be no other expenses incurred other than use of a city vehicle.
- Approve expenses for Police Captain Rondell Muse to attend the AACOP Winter Conference in Montgomery Feb. 26-March 1, 2018. Registration fee is $200. Muse will be carpooling with Johnson to the conference, and will incur no additional expenses.
- Approve expenses for Mayor and Council to attend the Alabama League of Municipalities 2018 Annual Convention in Montgomery May 19-22, 2018. Registration fee is $400 if paid by April 13, 2018. Additional expenses for mileage will be incurred.
- Accounts Payable received to date for January in the amount of $768,157.43.
A work session will precede the meeting at 5:00 in the top floor’s conference room at City Hall.
Citizens of the city of Sylacauga are invited and encouraged to attend both meetings.