FAYETTEVILLE, Ala. – The Fayetteville High School Wolves have wrapped up spring practice. The team played its spring game on Tuesday afternoon.
The Wolves, coached by John Limbaugh, finished their 2017 campaign with a 1-9 record after finishing 2016 with a 3-7 record.
However, things may be looking up for Fayetteville in 2018. Although the Wolves are losing some key players from last year’s team, some familiar faces are returning.
Let’s take an inside look at the Wolves following spring practice:
Head Coach/ Offensive Coordinator: John Limbaugh
Defensive Coordinator: Mark Reed
2017 Record: 1-9
Starters Lost: OL/FB Cole Terrell, RB/LB Cody Pate, OC Connor Hendrix.
Returning Starters: QB Blake Machen, TE Zach Roberts, RB Daurian Cook, WR Dalton Pate, DB Brady Ritchie, OT Rhett Hayes, OG Blake Ritchie.
2018 Impact Players: QB Blake Machen, RB Daurian Cook, WR Dalton Pate.
2018 Schedule: (*region game)
- @ Woodland Aug. 24, 2018
- vs. Victory Christian (Future Wolves Night) Aug. 31, 2018
- vs. Reeltown (Blackout Night)* Sept. 7, 2018
- vs. Coosa Central (Military Appreciation Night)* Sept. 14, 2018
- vs. Holy Spirit (Homecoming) Sept. 28, 2018
- @ LaFayette* Oct. 5, 2018
- @ Thorsby* Oct. 11, 2018
- vs. Horseshoe Bend (Pink Out – Beat Cancer Night)* Oct. 19, 2018
- @ Vincent* Oct. 26, 2018
- vs. B.B. Comer (Senior Night) Nov. 2, 2018
Position Battles: Limbaugh told SylacaugaNews.com there are battles for two key positions. The linebacker and running back positions will be fought for until the season begins on Aug. 24 at Woodland.